The forum is dead... long live the forum!

News and Announcements

The forum is dead... long live the forum!

Postby drakhen » Sat May 09, 2009 6:24 pm

Well, this happened rather sooner than I'd planned.

The forum on NecroDragon.com has been lost, along with all information on it. Why? Just do a google search on GISOL and you'll find out all about the sort of operation they run...
Besides the whole address no longer working, the mySQL database had been corrupted, I couldn't fix it myself and the tech support at GISOL is deplorable/non-existent. So it was broken anyway. I couldn't even migrate the data to this new forum so everything's gone. What I did want to do however was send a mailshot out to all the members to let them know about the move.. but GISOL put pay to that, I'm afraid.

As you can tell, I'm not exactly over the moon about the situation but there's not a whole lot I can do except move forward with this one. I haven't entirely decided what format this forum should take so for now it's just the 'news' section and a 'discussion' section. I need to get in touch with Hendercrazy too and see what he wants to do
drakhen
Site Admin

Re: The forum is dead... long live the forum!

Postby Grief » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:35 pm

Seeing as how the last one was kinda quiet in its death throes, how about bringing back some of the good old stuff? Like a section for art/stories, Hender's Pit of Doom etc :twisted:
"He's like a 5 year old. The most twisted, funniest, stupidest, amazing five year old with a bottle of whiskey I've ever seen"
Some people know me too well..
Grief

Postby drakhen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:19 am

I'm starting off small with the forum for now... I'm not happy with its appearance (I'm still getting to grips with the new PHPbb setup) but I've just added a Creativity section since that's two requests I've had now for one, which is nice :) I also need to get in touch with Hender, see if he wants to be on board here again... so much to do!

I think on the last board it didn't help that half the time it threw up error messages instead of posts (well, that was my experience). At least now ND's hosted by a good company whose servers are actually fit for purpose we shouldn't have any of the technical problems that helped kill things off. Now I just need to get back my domain name off those defrauding bastards at GISOL :evil:
drakhen
Site Admin

Postby Hendercrazy » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:08 am

The Necro Dragon Art Forum lives!!! :P :D

Sorry to read about all of your website troubles there Izzy... talk about a major pain in the arse to deal with... but awesome nevertheless to see that you've brought your place back to life! :) Honestly, I think adding "art" to the name might bring you more search hits, more dark fantasy lover traffic... maybe even more artists too . ;)
Hendercrazy

Return to News